Wedding Venues...The Ins...The Outs...The Questions To Ask! Photo Expressions Today
It's time to chose your wedding venue! From the rustic and country farm setting, to the glamorous art gallery, to the relaxed arbor on the beach....Here are just a few questions to ask when you tour your desired wedding location.
RICHMOND VIRGINIA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER WEDDING VENUE PHOTO EXPRESSIONS TODAY BRIDE MARRIAGE OUTER BANKS NORTH CAROLINA
1. How many events do you host per day. If you have an early morning wedding, will you be rushed to get out of the venue if they need the space for another event. If you have your wedding later in the day, will your venue be sparkling and fresh or will the staff be tired and ready to head home?
2. Is there a day-of coordinator? Will there be someone there to help guide our special details into their proper places or will we need to have our own person on site for those special touches.
3. What is the maximum number of guests that you can accommodate? Due to fire code, some venues can only accommodate a few people to a few hundred. Make sure that your guest list will match your venue's availability.
4. What is your site fee and what does that include? Does the venue charge just for the space? Does that include tables, chairs, linens, etc. Don't assume something is included. Some venues even require bathroom rentals so be sure to ask these detailed questions. Also, for destination weddings such as light houses or state parks, a fee may be assessed retain a permit to use these locations. Be sure to find out what is required.
5. Is there a special area for the bridal party get dressed and prepare for the day? Some locations can accommodate this and some have a small bathroom with 3 toilet stalls. Be sure to know the details for this so that you have plenty of room for your preparations. Also remember that lots of photographers want to capture those special "getting ready" details. Plan accordingly.
6. Do you provide alcohol or may we bring our own? There is lots of money to be saved if you bring your own alcohol but not all venues can allow that due to ABC regulations. Be sure to ask and never assume.
7. Will our guests have to pay to park? Some places such as state parks or beaches charge for parking. You can possibly cover this for your guests ahead of time but be sure to budget for that expense if needed.
8. What amount of time is allotted for our event to be on the grounds? Some venues have more than one event booked per day so they are pretty strict about their time in- time out. Be sure to know their policy and plan accordingly. You don't want to be reminded that it's time for your event to leave before you've even cut the cake.
9. What decorations/details are allowed? Most venues do not want you nailing things to the wall or having the tape that the streamer is attached with pulling tape off their freshly painted walls. Also, numerous venues do not allow open flames or sparklers. Be sure to ask. You may have to use battery operated candles in your centerpieces and bubbles instead of sparklers for your glorious exit.
10. If you venue is a hotel: Can you offer a discounted room rate for guests? Find out the rate and find out how many rooms that rate applies to. Some hotels can only block out a certain number of rooms at a discounted rate and that sometimes does not even accommodate the bridal party. Be sure to know these details in advance.
"WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER" "RICHMOND VIRGINIA" "OUTER BANKS NC" "WEDDING VENUE" "WEDDING PLANNING"
No comments posted.
Recent PostsWhen choosing your wedding photographer, so many questions come to mind... A glimpse into the beauty of the Williams Wedding Reception ~Photo Expressions Today Sarah and Kory ~ Engagement Session ~Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Wedding Photographer Chapman Family ~ Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Family Photographer Wedding Bells Will Be Ringing ~ Photo Expressions Today Virginia Wedding Photographer Case Family Memories ~ Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Family Portrait Photographer Williams Family Fun ~ Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Family Portrait Photographer Shaunnessy ~ Class of 2015~ Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Portrait Photographer Mr and Mrs Carl say I do! ~ Photo Expressions Today ~ Virginia Wedding Photographer Mr and Mrs Brown Wedding Photo Expressions Today Virginia Wedding Photographer